Saturday, December 1, 2012

Brownie "Buckeye" Cupcakes


[This recipe was first posted in conjunction with the Meijer ad week of 12/2/12 - 12/8/12]

I'm a little hesitant to post anything with the word "Buckeye" in it, particularly after last week's debacle.  But having said that, these cupcakes are seriously delicious.  They look fancy and complicated, but they start with a boxed brownie mix, so they're not terribly time-consuming.  To top it all off, they taste just as good as they look!  If you are a chocolate-and-peanut butter fan, these cupcakes are for you!


Head over to my friend Bobbi's blog, Favorite Family Foods, to find this delicious recipe.

Options and Tips:
  • As you can see, I was too chicken to just grease my muffin pans, so I used liners...and yes, I should have used foil liners but I went with what I had in the house.
  • If you don't have frosting bags or piping tips to pipe your peanut butter frosting, just frost the cupcakes with a butter knife and use a circular motion.  The Reeses cup and glaze on the top will still make the cupcakes look fancy.  Alternatively, you could put the frosting in a ziploc bag and cut a hole in a corner of the bag.  You won't get a pretty tip but the frosting will look slightly more "professional".
  • We liked these refrigerated, but they are also delicious at room temperature.
  • Serve with a big glass of milk because these babies are rich!
Thanks to Bobbi for sharing this awesome recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment