Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


This version of the chocolate chip cookie is my family's new favorite.  If you love chewy cookies, then this recipe is for you!  They're perfectly chewy and delicious, and they stay that way even if you don't refrigerate them.  There's really only ONE ingredient from the recipe on sale this week (ad week 3/18/12-3/24/12 ~ flour - $1.59/5 lb bag), but I just couldn't wait to share this recipe any longer!  That, and, well, Meijer just didn't give me much to work with this week.

Head over to Eat2Gather to discover the "secret" ingredient to these yummy, chewy cookies.  Sheila's recipe says you'll get 3 dozen cookies out of this dough, but apparently I made my cookies smaller because I got 50 cookies out of this recipe.  Do smaller cookies explain how my family managed to eat 22 cookies in less than 24 hours? 

In case you missed all the subtle links to the recipe in the paragraphs above, here is the link  :)
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies by Sheila at Eat2Gather.

Sheila says to bake the cookies on parchment paper-lined cookie sheets for 10 minutes.  I experimented a bit, and found that when I didn't use parchment paper, the cookies still turned out just fine.  They were maybe a TINY bit less chewy, but there was hardly any difference at all.  I also tried baking some of the cookies for 9 minutes, and some for 11 minutes, and they all still turned out chewy.  What I'm trying to say here is that it's almost impossible to mess up this cookie recipe!

I hope you like these cookies as much as we do!

1 comment:

  1. I made these using Choc. pudding b/c I didn't have the vanilla and they turned out great! Everyone really liked them!

    ReplyDelete